Gas-Lock Advisors, LLC
TAKE BACK CONTROL OF FUEL COSTS
Jeffrey A. Miller, PhD, Gas-Lock Advisors CEO
Understanding energy problems requires a combination of knowledge and skills in fundamental analysis, technical analysis, and hedging strategies. Jeff is the complete package.
- PhD in Political Science with emphasis in economics. Knowledge of International affairs and global economic issues is crucial to understanding the dynamics of the oil market.
- As a college professor, taught seminars in energy policy.
- Directed inter-disciplinary team studying scientific, economic, and political aspects of energy issues.
- As a financial professional, nearly twenty years of fundamental analysis of energy stocks.
- Co-developer of technically based sector analysis including all major energy sub-sectors.
- Consultant to professional traders at all of the major Chicago exchanges CME, CBOT, and CBOE.
- Extensive experience with hedging strategies involving options and futures.
- Strong client orientation.
Jeff's Current OutlookAs I have for the last several months, I continue to expect more pressure on gasoline prices than on crude oil prices. The bottlenecks in the system relate to refinery capacity. These constraints were highlighted by Hurricane Katrina. More people now understand the fragility of the supply from refineries. Since the refineries are near peak capacity, it is difficult to perform even routine maintenance. It also takes only a small disruption to create a spike in wholesale gasoline prices.
Immediate directional outlook: Neutral
Gasoline price risk: High
Oil price risk: Moderate